Remember Who's in Charge

Dear Sweet Babe,

Sometimes waiting for you is really hard. Okay, I lied. Every day we wait for you is really hard. I don't even know for sure that you will ever come (although I have to hang on to the hope that you will, that God has a plan for us to be together). 

Today, I've felt that trying to adopt is a lot like being a photographer - as a photographer, it seems that every time I talk to someone about what I do I hear 'oh, my friend (or my aunt or my sister, etc) is a photographer, too.' Everyone knows someone who is a photographer and a lot of times, that person who they know is the one that they hire to have their photos done. And now, almost every time I talk to someone about us wanting to adopt people immediately respond that they also know someone who is trying to adopt. And I wonder about how there is possibly a way that we will ever find each other - the odds seem stacked against us.

But then I have to remind myself about who is in charge.

A couple of nights ago I was studying my scriptures, and I came across these verses and I know that they were meant for me at that moment, that it was my message to me from a loving Heavenly Father:

"Verily, I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hears be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;

"Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament - the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.

"Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord."

-Doctrine and Covenants 98:1-3

He knows you. He knows your dad and I. He knows your sweet birth momma. And if it is His will, nothing that man can do will stop us from coming together.

Love you, baby.

Love,
Mom (and Dad, too :) he's just at a meeting right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment