Up All Night

Dear Little One,

Sometimes I lie awake at night just thinking about you. That's especially how it's been for the last two nights. I just can't fall asleep because I'm so excited for you to get here! Ironically I can't sleep with you not here, and I'm probably not going to be able to sleep once we do get to have you here. But that's ok. I can't sleep right now out of excitement. And once you're here in our arms, I won't sleep out of love. I will always be there for you whenever you need me -- even in the middle of the night. I'll happily wake up to give you your bottle and rock you back to sleep at night. I look forward to those precious moments and just watching you sleep. I can sense that you are getting close; I can feel it. And it feels so good.

I love you,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment