Thankful for YOU

Dear Little One,

Its been a busy last couple of weeks and I feel so bad that I haven't had time to write. But there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought about you . . . a lot. I doubt there's even an hour that goes by without me thinking about you. You are just a part of me.

This last week was Thanksgiving and we had a great time with lots of extended family. We all got together at your great grandma's house (on your daddy's side) and feasted and talked and just enjoyed each other's company. And I couldn't help but think about all of the things I've been blessed with and am grateful for and at the very top of that list was you and your daddy. I'm grateful that the possibility of you in our lives has given us hope. Infertility is a very hard place to be . . . it can be discouraging and heart-wrenching, confusing and lonely and you are the light that has brought us out of that. You've already done so much good and you aren't even born yet.

And how incredibly grateful I am to your birth momma. What a noble and brave woman she is and I can only pray that you will understand her as that, to know what an amazing person she is, to love her and appreciate her as your daddy and I do.

Your daddy and I also celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary . . . we went to a bed and breakfast in a little historical town not to far from here and it was really nice to get away for a day and spend some time together. But as much as I love the alone time we get to have on a regular basis, I have to say that I'd much rather that you were here with us and I'm crossing my fingers that our next anniversary will be harder for us to get away because you've found your way into our lives.

Love you, sweet one.

Come home soon.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment