First Snow Day

Good Morning Little One,

Today when I woke up and looked out the window I saw snow . . . the first snow of the season. And it made me smile. Normally I'm not a fan of snow, but the first time it snows always feels so magical and I couldn't help imagine the two of us together on a cold day like this, huddled inside, watching the soft flakes fall. I think it would be a pajama day. We would make an extra special breakfast . . . cinnamon pancakes with buttermilk caramel syrup. and a dusting of powdered sugar 'snow' on top. It would be the perfect day for snuggling up and reading stories by the fireplace, watching our favorite movie together, or playing make-believe. Perhaps we'd be pirates looking for treasure on an old deserted island, or princesses dressing up for our first ball. Then, of course, we'd have to make the best fort that you've ever seen. We'd convince daddy to eat dinner with us there when he got home from work :) and you'd show off your finger paint masterpiece that you made earlier that day. He would proudly hang it on the fridge for all to see. That night we'd all bundle up and go for a walk in the new frosty landscape. I think you'll want to make snow angels. Afterwards, at home, we'd warm up with some hot cocoa and then we'd make paper snowflakes in all shapes and sizes, just like the ones we'd seen outside. We'd string them from the ceiling all over your room. And after your bath, some warm jammies, prayers and your favorite story, we'd tuck you in, kiss your little pirate or princess forehead and listen while Daddy softly sings you to sleep.

The next morning you would wake to the magical winter wonderland we'd made the day before, hovering over you in the air. And you would remember the perfect day we'd had together.

Love you, Little One,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero. Chelsy you are such an incredible person. This warms my heart. I want to meet you.

    ReplyDelete